The Washington University Postdoc Society (WUPS) serves all postdocs at the university, and all postdocs are members of WUPS! We work to support postdocs throughout their time at the university.
WUPS is an independent organization and works in close collaboration with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) to provide career development, wellness, outreach, and policy opportunities for all postdocs.
WUPS is governed by a set of bylaws (originally ratified in December 2005).
WUPS is managed by the Executive Council. It consists of four different committees led by respective chairs.
Get involved with WUPS!
WUPS is seeking current postdocs to get involved!
Why should you get involved with WUPS?
- Meet new people and work to improve our postdoctoral experience.
- Be an advocate for your fellow postdocs, especially those from other countries, who may benefit from your knowledge and experiences.
- Master leadership and soft skills (organizational, meeting management, etc.) by serving on committees.
- Interact with administrators and faculty.
- Add leadership and team-building experience to your CV/resume.
To officially join the Executive Council, please contact WUPS president, Tyler Parsons or WUPS secretary, Dalin Yang.
Direct any questions about WUPS to firstname.lastname@example.org