We are a global, cooperative group of scientists, researchers, and practitioners working to elevate the research and practice of space- and place-based public health science.
Our core values include:
- Health equity, as both a focus of our research and an outcome of our work;
- Shared commitment to working on both local and global scales, including:
- creating international partnerships that strengthen the capacity for place-based research and practice;
- intentionally developing an international portfolio of research projects;
- disseminating training resources and study results to practitioners and communities; and
- committing to work that benefits community health and wellbeing.
- Team science, taking the form of:
- producing collaborative grant proposals with multiple investigators; and
- creating a framework for the development of sustainable, inter-institutional research projects.
Research projects of the PHP International Research Group examine the environmental and social contexts that impact health and wellbeing.
Capacity building efforts include the joint development of graduate-level courses on place-based health science and the production of user-centered training materials on the use of environmental audits, methodologies, and measurement tools.