The new Gateway Curriculum lends itself to a new type of medical school experience. Hear from some of the members of the first class to go down the new path.

Curriculum Related

Learn about the unique aspects of the new curriculum.

Clubs & Extracurriculars

Read through some insights on the various student groups you can join.

Study Styles

Not everyone learns the same way. Hear from various students on their ability to adapt the information and experience to their preferred style.

Only At WashU

Besides the unique curriculum, there are many other programs only found at our medical school.

Section Editors:

Tim Huang

Tim Huang

Co-Editor-in-Chief, Gateway Experience Section Editor

Hey, congrats on whatever part of the application process you are on! My name is Tim, and I majored in Biology and History at Boston College. At WashU, I’ve gotten really lucky to be involved in student government, research, and the Dis-O Guide, which is what you are reading right now! I remember falling in love with WashU as an applicant through reading all the authentic pieces in the Dis-O Guide, and I hope you will too.

Dylan Mittauer

Dylan Mittauer

Gateway Experience Section Editor

Hello! My name is Dylan, and I am from Iowa City, Iowa. I graduated from the University of Iowa in 2021 with a B.S. in Biomedical Sciences and moved to St. Louis for medical school a few months later. In my spare time I love watching football, playing fantasy football, running, playing disc golf, and exploring St. Louis. We’re so excited to share this year’s edition of the Dis-O Guide and can’t wait to meet all of you at WashU!