Your one-stop shop for finding the trendiest restaurants, the best locations for your insta pics, and the logistics to do it all. Find out what the city has to offer, even during a pandemic.

Food

Find the answers to all of your cravings.

Drinks

From cocktails to espresso, we’ve got you covered.

Fitness

For people who hated the mile run, don’t worry — there are other options.

Travel

How do people get around the city? Do you really need a car?

St. Louis Attractions

Fulfill that inner tourist by visiting these places.

Shopping

Where can I get international groceries? Which salons can I trust for a great haircut? Find the answer to these questions and more.

Outdoors

Sometimes you need to get into the wild. Find out some of our favorite spots.

Life (in COVID)

Roll credits…

Find out what St. Louis is like during the pandemic.

Other

More information from our class.

Section Editors:

Amdiel Clement

Amdiel Clement

Life in St. Louis Section Editor

Hello and welcome to WashU! My name is Amdiel and I am from Boyds, Maryland (about 45 minutes outside of Washington, D.C.). I graduated from Cornell University in 2018 and worked as a medical assistant for three years before coming to WashU. I really like cooking, and spending time in the Botanical Gardens. However, most importantly, I love to venture around town for the best donut spot in St. Louis. Welcome to the school and enjoy your time in St. Louis!

Lyra Morina

Lyra Morina

Life in St. Louis Section Editor

Congratulations on your invitation to join the WashU family! We are so excited to hear that you are considering our school and sincerely hope that the Dis-O Guide will help solidify your decision. My name is Lyra and I attended the University of Maryland where I obtained a dual degree in Cell Biology & Molecular Genetics and Economics. I then conducted immunology research at the NIH for two years prior to starting the MSTP at WashU. I grew up in Eastern Europe and Africa before moving to the U.S. in high school, so I have lived in many different cities and was excited to explore St. Louis and edit the Life in St. Louis section. There is a diverse array of restaurants from Bosnian to Ethiopian, and cute little coffee shops tucked away in corners all over the city. I hope you find the Dis-O Guide as helpful as we did, and that we get to meet you at WashU next summer!

Fiona Pat

Fiona Pat

Co-Editor-in-Chief, Life in St. Louis Section Editor

Welcome to WashU! We’re excited to see that you’re checking out the Dis-O Guide and hope we’ll eventually meet you as a fellow med student. I’m Fiona from Toronto, Canada, although home has been Macau, Baltimore, New York, and now St. Louis. I studied Neuroscience and History at Hopkins before completing a Master’s in Bioethics at Harvard. WashU’s emphasis on community engagement and health equity was what first drew me to the school, but the deciding factor was really the amazing people I met here during the application process. When I’m not (literally) flipping Anki cards with friends, you can find me at the local climbing gym or squirrel-watching in Forest Park.  

Wendy Tan

Wendy Tan

Hey guys! I’m Wendy from Philadelphia (actually a bit outside of Philly but if you know where Malvern, Pennsylvania is, I would be really shocked). I graduated from Swarthmore College and took two gap years afterwards to do research and apply to med school. It was at this time that I stumbled upon the Dis-O Guide, thereby changing my life forever … and now I’m here at WashU, experiencing the actual things that my upperclassmen wrote about in their Dis-O Guide! My hobbies include sleeping, eating, and going to Target.