The new Gateway Curriculum lends itself to a new type of medical school experience. Hear from some of the members of the first class to go down the new path.

Curriculum Related

Learn about the unique aspects of the new curriculum.

Clubs & Extracurriculars

Read through some insights on the various student groups you can join.

Study Styles

Not everyone learns the same way. Hear from various students on their ability to adapt the information and experience to their preferred style.

Only At WashU

Besides the unique curriculum, there are many other programs only found at our medical school.

Section Editors:

Paul Lee

Paul Lee

Gateway Experience Section Editor

Hi, everyone! My name is Paul, and I’m from Dunlap, Illinois. I majored in biochemistry and biophysics at the University of Pennsylvania and took a gap year after graduation working as a research assistant. In my free time, I enjoy playing video games, watching tennis highlights on YouTube, and curating my Spotify playlists.

Rebecca Lin

Rebecca Lin

Gateway Experience Section Editor

I’m from Livingston, New Jersey, and went to undergrad at the Johns Hopkins University, where I double majored in cognitive science and medicine, science, and the humanities. During quarantine I have relearned how to play the piano, started growing baby succulents, played a lot of Dance Dance Revolution, and watched the entirety of The Office (for the first time).