Our FREE for all Programs designed for K-12 students:
- Teaching Teams (grades K-12)
- Volunteer-lead hands-on science demonstrations and lessons for any K-12 classroom. Demos can be requested in classrooms or at Washington University. All demos support current Missouri Learning Standards Science Expectations.
- Summer Focus (rising seniors)
- An 8-week paid summer research opportunity for high school juniors (rising seniors). Students complete an independent research project in a Washington University lab with guidance from a scientist mentor. Summer Focus scholars also participate in a college prep course and a science communication course.
- Continuing Mentoring (grades 9-12)
- Reliable and continued mentorship program for students in grades 9-12 at Soldan International Studies High School and Collegiate School of Medicine and Bioscience. High school students are mentored by WashU graduate students to foster scientific interests and prepare for life post-high school.
- Teaching Kits (grades K-12)
- Science experiments “in-a-bag” that may be requested by Educators to perform in their own classrooms. Each kit contains all materials necessary to perform the experiment and critical thinking questions. All kits support current Missouri Learning Standards Science Expectations.