The primary mission of HTCN is to facilitate interdisciplinary research, education, dissemination, and community partnerships related to human trafficking and other similarly vulnerable populations from a public health approach.
The HTCN aims to:
- Provide an evidence base to aspects of human trafficking
- Improve health consequences of trafficking and exploitation
- Promote prevention efforts to reduce risks for being trafficked or exploited
- Evaluate intervention programs
- Increase awareness in the St. Louis region
- Collaboratively reduce incidence of human trafficking in the region