Jennifer Wang

Jennifer Wang

Assistant Professor

I have a long-standing interest in understanding the mechanisms by which proteins self-organize into micron-sized organelles, and the ways in which these organelles may be regulated in development and disease. I received my bachelor’s degree from MIT, and became interested in subcellular organization as a Ph.D. student studying P granules in C. elegans with Geraldine Seydoux at Johns Hopkins. As a postdoc with Tim Stearns at Stanford, I focused on the centrosome-cilium complex, an evolutionarily conserved organelle involved in cell division, proliferation, signaling and motility. The Wang lab continues to study this ancient, beautiful organelle. When I’m not in the lab, I enjoy finding new places to eat, exploring St. Louis and reading mysteries.

Rachel Pudlowski

Rachel Pudlowski

Research assistant

I earned my B.S. in Zoology at Southern Illinois University – Carbondale in 2021 where I was also a 4-year member of the women’s basketball team. There I developed a strong interest in genetics and how genotypes impact phenotypes in animal cells. In my free time I enjoy time outdoors with my pup and cheering on the St. Louis Cardinals, Blues, and City SC.

Lingyi Xu

Lingyi Xu

Research assistant

I earned my master’s degree in environmental engineering at Nanjing Agricultural University and became interested in molecular biology during that time. I am excited to learn more about cell and molecular biology in the Wang lab. When I’m not at work, I enjoy running outside and making delicious desserts.

Kate Hemsworth

Kate Hemsworth

Undergraduate researcher

I am an undergraduate student planning to double major in chemistry and molecular biology here at WashU, and I hope to go on to graduate school after my time here. I developed a curiosity for cell and molecular biology through my previous coursework, and I have been fascinated by research since high school when I worked at the Medical College of Wisconsin studying the human retina. I look forward to further developing my research skills and diving deep into the study of cilia and centrosomes in the Wang Lab! Outside of school and the lab, I love going to coffee shops, listening to music, and spending time with friends and family.

Lab alumni

Wendy Contreras Martinez – undergrad researcher, 2022

Madison Stringer – DBBS rotation student, 2023