Skip to content
Skip to search
Skip to footer
Technological Changes across Sectors and Occupations
- Horizontal and Vertical Polarization: Task-Specific Technological Change in a Multi-Sector Economy, with S. Y. Lee, April 2018. (This version supersedes NBER Working Paper No. 23283.)
- Why is the Labor Share Declining? with S. Aum, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review, Fourth Quarter 2020.
- Computerizing Industries and Routinizing Jobs: Explaining Trends in Aggregate Productivity, with S. Aum and S. Y. Lee, Journal of Monetary Economics, August 2018. Article in VOX
- Industrial and Occupational Employment Changes during the Great Recession, with S. Aum and S. Y. Lee, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review, Fourth Quarter 2017.
Human Capital and Labor Supply
- Big Push in Distorted Economies, with F. Buera, H. Hopenhayn and N. Trachter, March 2021. (Available as NBER Working Paper No. 28561 and CEPR Discussion Paper 18023.)
- Productivity Growth and Capital Flows: The Dynamics of Reforms, with F. Buera, American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, July 2017.
- Misallocation and Manufacturing TFP in Korea, 1982-2007, with M. Kim and J. Oh, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review, Second Quarter 2017.
- Financial Frictions and the Persistence of History, with F. Buera, Journal of Political Economy, April 2013.
- Well-Intended Policies, with F. Buera and B. Moll, Review of Economic Dynamics, January 2013.
Aggregate and Distributional Impact of Financial Development
- The Macroeconomics of Microfinance, with F. Buera and J. Kaboski, Review of Economic Studies, January 2021.
- Finance and Economic Development in the Very Long Run: A Review Essay, Journal of Economic Literature, December 2018.
- Taking Stock of the Evidence on Micro-Financial Interventions, with F. Buera and J. Kaboski, in The Economics of Poverty Traps, December 2018.
- Entrepreneurship and Financial Frictions: A Macrodevelopment Perspective, with F. Buera and J. Kaboski, Annual Review of Economics, August 2015.
- Macro-Perspective on Asset Grants Programs: Occupational and Wealth Mobility, with F. Buera and J. Kaboski, The American Economic Review: Papers & Proceedings, May 2014.
- Finance and Development: A Tale of Two Sectors, with F. Buera and J. Kaboski, The American Economic Review, August 2011.
- Self-Insurance vs. Self-Financing: A Welfare Analysis of the Persistence of Shocks, with F. Buera, Journal of Economic Theory, May 2011.
Finance and Aggregate Fluctuations
Estimation of Dynamic Models