The experimental work of Professor Krawczynski includes the development of the balloon-borne X-Calibur scattering X-ray polarimeter scheduled for launch in December 2018 from McMurdo (Antarctic). The group develops furthermore room temperature and cryogenic X-ray and gamma-ray detectors.The group is a science collaborator of the Imaging X-ray Polarimetry Explorer (IXPE), and uses the Chandra, Swift, NuSTAR, and Fermi X-ray and gamma-ray satellites. The activities include X-ray observations of stellar mass and supermassive black holes, blazars, and gravitationally lensed quasars.
Astrophysics (Observations and Theory):
- Blazar modeling.
- General relativistic ray tracing.
- Gravitationally lensed quasars.
- Tests of Lorentz Invariance and CP violation.
- Professor Binns (WUSTL).
- Professor Buckley (WUSTL)
- Professor Chartas (CoC).
- Professor Cowsik (WUSTL).
- Gianluigi de Geronimo (de Geronimo).
- Victor Guarino (Guarino Engineering Services)
- Professor Hayashida (Osaka Univ.).
- Professors Israel (WUSTL).
- Professor Kislat (UNH).
- Dr. Kitaguchi and Professor T. Tamagawa (Riken).
- Shaorui Li (BNL).
- Dr. Okajima (GSFC).
- Professor Pearce (KTH).
- Professor Takahashi (Hiroshima Univ.).
- Dr. Ullom (NIST).
- WASP team (WFF).