The whole system includes
- Microprocessor: the raspberry pi
- Microcontroller: the seeeduino board
- Sensors: IMU, encoder, and hall sensors
- Actuators: motors and LED Matrix
- Other function units and protection measures: EEPROM, voltage regulator, and back power protection.
The system is powered by a LiPo 2S battery, and the raspberry pi communicates with the outside world with Wi-Fi and talks to the seeeduino board with SPI. The seeeduino board, an Arduino compatible board, controls motors and acquires sensor data.
The breakout board consists of the motor controller and serves as a connection bridge for all boards, sensors, and actuators.