COP19 was held in Warsaw, Poland in November 2013. Washington University delegates carefully researched two topics–the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and the Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD+) initiative.
The following students attended the negotiations:
- Maggie Beetstra; Environmental Earth Science, College of Arts and Sciences, 2015
- Caitlin Lee; Architecture and Environmental Earth Science, Sam Fox School of Visual Arts, 2015
- Jake Lyonfields; Systems Science and Engineering, School of Engineering and Applied Science, 2014
- Brendan McIntyre; Environmental Earth Science and Anthropology, College of Arts and Sciences, 2015
- Ben Perlman; Environmental Earth Science, College of Arts and Sciences, 2016
- Rachel Westrate; Environmental Policy and English, College of Arts and Science, 2016
Delegation in the news
One delegate, Caitlin Lee, wrote an article about the negotiations that was published in Washington University Political Review. Read it here.