Graduate Student Representatives to the WU Board of Trustees
Since 1996, graduate students have served on the Washington University Board of Trustees. This site contains information about the position, as well as information on the application process.
To be considered for the role of graduate student representative to the Board of Trustees for 2022-23, the student must be a full-time graduate or professional student in residence (May 2022 through May 2023), in good academic standing, and able to make the necessary time commitment. In addition, it is important that the graduate student representatives have knowledge of graduate study at Washington University, be articulate, be able to present a variety of opinions, have sound judgment, maintain confidentiality, and hold the respect of peers, faculty, and others who know them. The graduate student representatives should be willing to maintain close communication with the several graduate and professional student constituencies within the Washington University community, such as the university-wide Professional and Graduate Student Coordinating Committee (ProGradS) and the Graduate Professional Council (GPC).
More information about the WU Board of Trustees can be found here: https://boardoftrustees.wustl.edu/
1. Attendance at all four Student Experience Committee meetings, Academic Affairs Committee meetings, and full Board of Trustees Meetings for 2022-2023.
- Dates of 2022-2023 WU Board Meetings are: October 6-7, 2022; December 1-2, 2022; March 2-3, 2023; and May 4-5, 2023
2. Attendance at Board Orientation.
3. Participation in special events as requested by university administration.
4. Attend meetings and activities of the Graduate Professional Council and provide updates.
5. Serve as ex officio members of the Professional and Graduate Student Coordinating Committee (ProGradS) and present a brief report at each meeting.
Interested in applying? Attend this information session with current graduate student reps on Friday, January 21, 2022. Register via WUGO.
Current representatives can be found at the WU’s Board of Trustees website.