REGIONAL COMMUNITY RESOURCES (scroll to the bottom of the page for National Resources)
- LGBTQ+ Health at Washington University
- Metro Trans Umbrella Group: regional umbrella group for variety of transgender groups and organizations
- Trans Parent STL: regional support group for parents of trans children.
- The Spot: free medical and social services for STL teens
- PROMO: Missouri LGBTQ political advocacy organization
- Safe Connections
- St. Louis LGBT History Project
- Services and Advocacy for LGBTQ Elders
- Saint Louis Queer Support Helpline
Affirming Restaurants and Bars
Click this link for a list: transspectrumconferenceresources. These business are known to be LGBTQ affirming, however please use your own instincts when in all spaces.
An interactive map is available here
The Gateway Business Guild is the St. Louis chapter of the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. Its mission is to strengthen the economic potential of the St. Louis metro area LGBTQIA+ business communities through business certification, education, networking, and advocacy. Please browse the member directory for businesses that are LGBTQIA+ owned/operated and businesses certified as Trans/LGBTQIA+ friendly. Enjoy St. Louis and support the community! https://gatewaybusinessguild.wildapricot.org
- ACLU: American Civil Liberties Union
Source of ACLU resources and links for LGBT youth and schools including Know Your Rights: A Quick Guide for LGBT High School Students, information on the Equal Access Act/Gay-Straight Alliances, harassment, free speech/free expression/prom, privacy, equal protection, transgender/gender nonconforming student resources, school web filtering and more.
- DrugRehab.com is a web resource that provides information and support to people fighting substance abuse and addiction. Studies have show that individuals in the LGBT community are likely to use and abuse alcohol and drugs while in college and tend to continue abuse throughout their lives. We work to spread awareness of issues like this and to be an informational resource for those impacted by alcohol and drug dependence
Provides consultation, training and events designed to help families, educators, professionals, and organizations understand and address the concepts of gender identity and expression.
- Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
Working to ensure that every member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
LGBTQ law, policy, and business activism. News and resources
- LGBTQ Drug Abuse
- National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE)
NCTE is the nation’s leading social justice advocacy organization winning life-saving change for transgender people. Find news, discussion and resources. See also http://transequality.org/PDFs/Executive_Summary.pdf Injustice at Every Turn: A Report of the National Transgender Discrimination Survey
Groundbreaking report from the NCTE.
- National Resource Center for LGBT Aging
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)
With over 350 chapters and 200,000 members and supporters, PFLAG unites people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) with families, friends, and allies.
- Rehab Spot
- Ridgefield Recovery
- Trans lifeline
A lifeline staffed by transgender people for transgender people – volunteers are ready to respond to whatever support needs members of our community might have.
- Trans Student Educational Resources (TSER)
A youth-led organization dedicated to transforming the educational environment for trans and gender nonconforming students through advocacy and empowerment. In addition to a focus on creating a more trans-friendly education system, the mission of TSER is to educate the public and teach trans activists how to be effective organizers.
- Transgender Law Center
Working to change law, policy, and attitudes – provides information and assistance to individuals and families.
- Transgender Resource Education and Enrichment Services is dedicated to rural communities.
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
An international multidisciplinary professional Association with the mission of promoting evidence based care, education, research, advocacy, public policy and respect in transgender health.