Driving Directions – HW 40/64 Updates

Due to construction on HW 40/64, you may want to consult MODOT’s website for the latest travel recommendations before travelling to campus or to the Sheraton hotel. MODOT’s map of St. Louis: http://maps.modot.mo.gov/travelerinformation/TravelerInformation.aspx

Washington University in St. Louis Maps

Driving Directions to Washington University Danforth Campus

If you are: 

Coming from the airport (heading east on I-70) 
Take I-70 east to I-170 south. Exit at Delmar Boulevard and take a left. Follow Delmar to Big Bend Boulevard. Go right (south) on Big Bend to Forsyth Boulevard, then left (east) on Forsyth. Turn left on Hoyt Drive.Heading east on US40/I-64 Take McCausland exit. Turn left (north). After 1.2 miles, turn left on Forsyth Boulevard. Turn right on Hoyt Drive. 

Heading west on US40/I-64 
Take Clayton Road exit. Turn right (north) on Skinker. After 1 mile, turn left on Forsyth. Turn right on Hoyt Drive. 

Heading east on I-44 
Take I-270 north to US40/I-64 east. Follow directions for heading east on US40/I-64. 

Heading north on I-55 

Heading south on I-70/I-55 
Take US40/I-64 west. Follow directions for heading west on US40/I-64. 

From Airport (with no car) to Danforth Campus
Take the Sheraton Shuttle 

If you are staying at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza, the hotel offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport. For all others:

Ride the MetroLink 

For $3 you can take the light rail system from the airport to the Skinker station stop located at Washington University. Take the elevator or stairs to street level. Walk across the parking lot to the foot of the Brookings Hall steps, where you will find a campus directory/map. (For more information from MetroLink about its services, please call: (314) 231-2345.) 

Take a taxi 

From the airport, take a taxi to Washington University’s Mallinckrodt Center, which is located on Forsyth Blvd. Cab fare from the airport cab stand is $30-$35 each way. (Note: Certain cab companies, such as Laclede, have gauranteed rates to/from the university, which they post inside the cabs. Please see their signs or ask the driver.) Should you wish to call a cab, Local companies are: County-Yellow Cab (314) 993-8294 or Laclede Cab Co. (314) 652-3456. 

Mallinckrodt Center
From Mallinckrodt Center, it is a short walk to the symposium and many other central campus locations. Mallinckrodt Center contains a number of resources you may find convenient during your stay, including an ATM (just outside the door), a bookstore which sells parking passes and maps (first floor), a Bank of America branch (second floor), public restrooms (lower level), a Kinko’s (second floor), a café (first floor), and a food court (lower level). Mallinckrodt Center is building #60 on the parking map below.

Knight Center
The Knight Center, the university’s on-campus hotel, is building #49 on the parking map below.  

Parking on the Danforth Campus
All visitor parking is indicated on the parking map below in purple. Visitors may also park in the yellow zones, provided they have a daily parking pass. See our Registration forms for details on how to request free daily parking passes. (If you wish to purchase additional passes due to a longer stay, they are available for $5.00/pass from the bookstore in Mallinckrodt Center.) See the map below for details on how to find the parking garage and the campus parking lots. Visit the Parking and Transportation website at: http://parking.wustl.edu/ for additional information about hourly, daily, and visitor lot parking. Should you have further questions, call: Parking Services: (314) 935-5601 or Transportation Services: (314) 935-4140. 

Parking Map
Parking Map for Washington University