STAR: Specialized Training for Administrators of Research
STAR formed under the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research as a result of a school and department lead initiative which determined that the research administration community would greatly benefit from an expanded curriculum and additional training opportunities.
The STAR program strives to develop and provide training opportunities that will allow trainees to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career within research administration.
- Improve grants administration expertise
- Create promotional paths, encourage and enhance professional development, and retain qualified staff
- Enhance support for faculty
- Strengthen compliance efforts and reduce risk
- Foster interdepartmental communications and knowledge sharing