Steven S. Smith is the Kate M. Gregg Distinguished Professor of Social Sciences and Professor of Political Science at Washington University. He was a Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution and taught at George Washington University, Northwestern University, and the University of Minnesota, where he was the Distinguished McKnight University Professor of Political Science and Law. He was director of the Weidenbaum Center for 20 years.
Steve’s Notes on Congressional Politics
- Politics over Process: Partisan Conflict and Post-Passage Processes in the U.S. Congress
- The American Congress, 10th ed.
Principles and Practice of American Politics: Classic and Contemporary Readings, 7th ed.
- Department of Political Science
- Amazon author page
- Recent papers
- Bio and CV
- Children’s books
- Current and former Ph.D. students
- Congress & History 2021
- Course materials are placed on the university’s Canvas system