Ghana Study Partners
- Basic Needs Ghana provides mental health services and care to the communities of Ghana. The organization works to empower and provide services to individuals and families experiencing mental health challenges and/or epilepsy.
- University of Ghana- School of Public Health trains public health practitioners who will be leaders and change agents for health development in Ghana and in the wider African context.
- University of Ghana- Department of Social Work provides social work education and training to students in the country and prepares competent social workers who will continue to improve lives in Ghana.
Kenya Study Partners
- University of Nairobi aims to be a department of high repute with regard to research, application, and transmission of knowledge in social sciences to promote social development.
South Africa Study Partners
- University of Kwazulu-Natal is a South African university that is academically excellent, innovative in research, critically engaged with society and demographically representative, redressing the disadvantages, inequities, and imbalances of the past.
Uganda Study Partners
- International Center for Child Health and Asset Development (ICHAD)has worked in the region for more than 10 years to economically empower children and families.
- Rakai Health Science Program (RHSP)has worked in the region for more than 25 years to conduct groundbreaking medical and reproductive health research in the field of HIV prevention, care, and treatment.
- Reach the Youth Uganda (RTY)has provided services in the region for poverty-impacted youth and families. Through a partnership with ICHAD, RTY has offered employment training for impoverished families.
- The Catholic Diocese of Masaka is instrumental in providing care and support to orphaned children in the region. The Catholic Church is an important community institution and a critical actor in the provision of education to community youth.
United States Study Partners
- New York University School of Medicine is recognized for its high standards of education, pioneering research, and superior clinical care, as well as its grounding in the humanities.
- National Institute of Mental Health mission is to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses through basic and clinical research, paving the way for prevention, recovery, and cure.
- Washington University in Saint Louis aims to discover and disseminate knowledge and protect the freedom of inquiry through research, teaching, and learning.