If you’re an enlisted soldier, Army ROTC can help you continue to grow and learn. The Army Green to Gold program provides unique options for soldiers interested in pursuing a baccalaureate, Master’s degree and earning commissions as army officers.
The Army Green to Gold program is designed to offer Enlisted Soldiers in the Army the opportunity to earn commissions as army officers. This program offers enlisted soldiers two unique ways to earn a baccalaureate degree:
- Green to Gold Scholarship Option — For soldiers who are considering leaving active duty to attend college.
- Green to Gold Active Duty Option — Selected Soldiers will remain on Active Duty and be reassigned to the university location. The soldier must be able to complete their degree requirements in two years. Soldiers will retain their current pay and allowances while completing their last two years of school. The Soldier is responsible for paying for the cost of attending school (tuition, fees, & books); most Soldiers elect to use their GI benefits to cover the cost of school.
- Yellow Ribbon Program – Soldiers are expected to use their G.I. Bill to pay for their tuition however some schools in our battalion offer the Yellow Ribbon Program. This program gives additional benefits to soldiers. Some universities will fund 50 percent of the remaining unmet tuition and fee charges for up to 80 students. Awards are made to qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. The Yellow Ribbon Program is available to students in all degree programs (there are some limitations, school dependent). The amount each student receives varies according to the cost of their degree program and any tuition-specific scholarships or grants they may have been awarded. It cannot exceed the maximum contracted annual amount of $14,000.
- Please research the specific benefits that the school you want to apply to offers.
- The Gateway Battalion has multiple schools within our program and will work with each soldier in reviewing their Joint Service Transcript (JST) to maximize their ability to transfer into the Gateway Battalion.
For more information contact us or go to https://m.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/current-and-prior-service/advance-your-career/green-to-gold/green-to-gold-active-duty.m.html