In this section we lay out the notation and formulas implemented into our SIMUL8 model. For the purpose of clarity, the following formulas are written in terms of Cheetah Hunt only. In SIMUL8 we mimicked the same setup for Montu, Kumba and SheiKra.
Everything mentioned above is necessary for the setup of our model, but our simulation is also modeled in the visual logic code used in SIMUL8. All of the visual logic code we implemented in our model can be found in the appendices section of this report. The main purpose of our visual logic code is to call our park guest flow matrix. After each rider leaves each activity, the park guest flow matrix is called to determine where he or she will go next.
Our visual logic code also implements several other constraints that serve to make our system more realistic. Our visual logic implements:
- A closing line time at 4:00 pm
- to make sure riders leave the park
- A ride minimum
- each rider must ride more than 3 rides before exiting the park
- Reride limit
- a rider will not re-ride a single ride more than 3 times in a row
- Maximum wait time
- a rider will not enter a line if the wait time is at or exceeding 160 minutes
- Re-ride line time limit
- a rider will not enter the queue to re-ride a ride if the wait time is at or exceeding 20 minutes
Our visual logic has the ability to link to whatever excel document is open on the computer at the time of running the simulation. Figure 9 shows our five constraints written in excel.
|CHANGE HERE||SIMUL8 inputs|
|Lines close at||16:00||960|
|Minimum Number of Rides||3||3|
|Maximum limit set at (total in a row)||3||3|
|Maximum time a rider will choose to wait||2:40||160|
|Reride line time limit (minutes)||20||20|
Figure 9: constraints in excel document