We’ve collected the most common questions about the PULSE 2023 survey here. Take a look!

Who receives the PULSE Survey?

All day-school, degree-seeking undergraduates currently enrolled at Washington University this spring receive access to participate in the PULSE survey.

How do I participate in PULSE Survey?

It’s super simple. 1) Open your email 2) Search for “PULSE ” 3) Click the unique survey link inside the launch or reminder email. Then share your experience!

How do I find the email with my survey link?

In spring 2023, you’ll receive a launch email from Chancellor Andrew Martin and then up to four reminder emails throughout the spring term from your school’s dean. Any of these emails has your unique survey link. Here are helpful search terms to locate one of those emails: “PULSE”, wustl_surveys@mit.edu, institutionalresearch@wustl.edu, “Chancellor Andrew Martin”, your school’s dean: A&S “Erin McGlothlin”; Business “Paige LaRose”; Engineering “Chris Kroeger”; Sam Fox “Joseph Fitzpatrick”.

Can I share my survey link?

Nope! You have a unique survey link. If a friend is looking for the email with their survey link, send them to this page or have them email institutionalresearch@wustl.edu. Just don’t forward them your email with your link.

I’m having technical trouble with the survey. Now what?

Email institutionalresearch@wustl.edu for help! We’re a team of three staff members here in Institutional Research and we’d love to help you with any troubles your having with the survey. Lisa Wiland or Tao Zhang will get back to you quickly!

Can I return to the survey after I’ve started it?

Yes! If you’ve only got a few minutes in between classes, you can answer a few questions and then exit the survey. When you click on your link again, you can pick up where you left off.

Can I take the survey on my phone?

Absolutely! The survey is formatted to be easy to take on a computer, on an IPAD or on a smartphone.

How long is the survey?

PULSE Survey takes about fifteen minutes to complete. We know that this is a longer survey, but it’s worth it! The University needs to hear your voice.

Will my answers be kept confidential?

Absolutely. Your responses will be kept completely confidential. Analyses of the data will not be reported in any form that would identify an individual. Note that any written comments you choose to provide will be shared exactly as they are written to a small number of leaders across the university; your name will not be included unless you choose to write it into your response.

Do I have to take the survey?

No, this survey is completely voluntary. But this is the core survey that Washington University’s administration uses to figure out what we’re doing well and what needs to be improved. We hope you’ll consider this worthwhile, and answer as much as you are willing to answer.

Do you have the full PULSE Survey instrument available?

Yes! You can see the full survey instrument here:

When does the survey close?

PULSE Survey will launch on Wednesday, April 5. and close on Tuesday, May 23