An estimated 1.2 billion people across the globe do not have access to electricity.This number grows even larger when accounting for people without regular or reliable access, and has a disastrous economic impact on those who cannot consistently have lighting in their homes. The inability of many regions’ electrical utility infrastructures, especially in sub-Saharan Africa, to support the energy demand of large populations is a major impediment to household electricity access and clean cooking facilities, which jointly form the “bedrock of acceptable standards of living”. It is in these areas that a portable lighting solution would thrive, if it could effectively compete with the cost of traditional off-grid power.
- Micro solar array system
- Semi-permanent lighting solution
- Charges during the day, runs LEDS at night
- High Storage Capacity
- 2 full nights of operation
- Relatively Inexpensive (total component cost of $100)
- Efficient (Minimal Losses and Sun Tracking)