Weigang (Gavin) Kong
Graduate Student, 2008-2010, Ph.D. 2013
Publications (while working with Professor Alian Wang)
- W. G. Kong, B. L. Jolliff, Alian Wang (2013) Ti distribution in grain size fractions of Apollo soils 1084 and 71501, ICARUS, 226, 891-89.
- Kong, W. G., Alian Wang, and I-M. Chou (2011), Determination of phase boundary between kornelite and pentahydrated Ferric Sulfate by humidity buffer technique and Raman spectroscopy at 0.1 Mpa. Chemical Geology, Vol 284, 333-338.
- Kong W. G., Alian Wang, John J. Freeman, and Pablo Sobron (2011), A Comprehensive Spectroscopic Study of Synthetic Fe2+, Fe3+, Mg2+, Al3+ Copiapite, J. Raman Spectroscopy, doi10.1002/jrs.2790.
- W. G. Kong, M. P. Zheng, F. J. Kong, Alian Wang, W. X. Chen, and B. Hu, (2013), Sedimentary salts at Dalangtan playa and its implication for the formation and preservation of Martian salts, abstract #1336 for 44th LPSC.
- W. G. Kong, B. L. Jolliff, and Alian Wang(2011) Ti distribution in grain-size fractions of apollo soils 10084 and 71501. abstract #1641 for 42st Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.
- W. G. Kong, Alian Wang and I-Ming Chou (2010), Determination of Phase Boundary Between Kornelite and Pentahydrated Ferric Sulfate by Humidity Buffer Technique and Raman Spectroscopy at 0.1 Mpa, abstract #2010 for 41st Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.
- W. G. Kong, Alian Wang (2010), Planetary Laser Raman Spectroscopy for Surface Exploration on C/D-Type Asteroids – a Case Study, abstract #2730 for 41st Lunar and Planetary Science Conference
- W. G. Kong, Alian Wang, J. J. Freeman, P. S. Sobron (2009), A Comprehensive Spectroscopic Study (Raman, MIR, Vis-NIR, LIBS, XRD) of Synthetic Fe2+, Fe3+, Mg2+ , Al3+ copiapites, abstract #1649 for 40th Lunar & Planetary Sciences Conference, Houston.