PREPARING FOR OUR FUTURE
Olin’s new strategic plan is a catalyst for change. This new direction, which will unfold now through 2023, sets Olin on a course to realize its full potential—to be a powerhouse business school known for academics, research, and impact.
The goals and strategies and action items in our strategic plan reflect many months of deliberate work. The plan’s foundation is firmly based on the input provided by Olin constituencies that included students, faculty, staff, alumni, our three living former deans, university leadership, and National Council members. We also engaged outside resources to perform quantitative and qualitative research, help drive the process, and bring us fresh perspectives.
As we look to the future of Olin, we see great things on the horizon. We are confident the business school will become all that it can and should be thanks to the dedication and talent of everyone in the Olin community.
Olin Business School
STRATEGIC PLANNING INFORMATION
Timing: The completed 5-year plan spans 2018-2023.
Committee: Faculty, staff, and alumni serve on the planning committee. See the list of members here.
Partner: Olin Strategic Planning Committee facilitated by consulting planning firm Collaborative Strategies, Inc.
- Stakeholder input via surveys and focus groups from staff, students, faculty, alumni, and senior leadership
- 360-degree assessment of current situation
- Research and understanding of business and higher education trends
- Review of audience demographic/psychographic information
- Competitive assessment of peer and aspirational schools
- Vision, mission, and values
- Positioning statement
- Strategic objectives and goals
- Action plans
- Required resources
- Measurements, metrics, and scorecards
Email the Olin Strategic Planning Committee.