The CDE Team is here to help with your pedagogical Zoom questions! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU NEED IMMEDIATE ZOOM SUPPORT:
For Zoom technology help, please contact Zoom’s 24/7 support number at #1-888-799-9666 (ex.2) or the Olin AV team at (314) 935-8864 or AVSTAFF@olin.wustl.edu. The Olin AV team is on staff M-F, 7a-9:30p and will provide coverage for courses scheduled in EMS on Saturday or Sunday.
For all other Olin specific IT questions, contact Dylan Vogt, Systems Support Specialist at email@example.com 314-935-8883. For additional support contact WashUIT at 314-933-3333 or ITHelp@wustl.edu.
For upcoming Zoom training see the CDE Training Opportunities page.
Screen Share and Zoombombing Settings:
As of March 26th, in response to recent incidents of Zoombombing, Zoom has updated the default screen sharing settings for education accounts to “host only”. This setting gives hosts sole permission to share content within their meetings. However, hosts still have the ability to edit this setting and allow participants to share in meetings.
Protect your Zoom Meetings from Zoombombings:
- Keep links to Zoom meetings private. This will prevent unwanted participants
- Use 2 factor authentication by logging into Office 365 or Canvas and using Zoom through those integrations
- If not using the Zoom link on the Canvas course menu, instructors should post meeting links on a Canvas page rather than a public page or forum
- Stop other participants from screen sharing
- Control who enters a meeting with the waiting room feature
- Lock the meeting after it starts
Access to Private Chats:
Please note that any private chats sent in Zoom Meetings are actually available after the meeting in the downloadable Chat TXT file. Please consider this when recording and let your students know that private chats can actually be viewed after the meeting, just not during.
Archive Zoom Training Recordings:
Missed a meeting? Watch any of our previous sessions by clicking on the links below:
- Zoom Basics – Session 1 – March 12th, 2pm
- Zoom Basics – Session 2 – March 13th, 10am
- Zoom Basics – Session 3 – March 13th, 3pm
- How to Create Polls in Zoom – March 16th, 10:30am
- Zoom Basics – March 17th, 2:30pm
- Zoom for TAs – March 18th, 11am
- WashU-wide Zoom Basics – March 18th, 2:30pm
- Collaboration on Zoom (Breakout Rooms)
- Uploading Zoom Recordings and Using Kaltura
Olin Zoom Resources:
Visit our Box Folder to download resources like our training slides, Zoom checklist, and Zoom cheat sheet:
WashU Zoom Resources:
WUIT has many resources and trainings to set you up for Zoom success. Learn about them on the WUIT Video Conferencing page.