The Foundry Art Centre is hiring two Education Interns to assist the Education Coordinator, Assistant Camp Director, and Teachers with planning, organizing, and implementing Art Camp as well as two summer art events as a Foundry ambassador.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Education Coordinator & Asst. Camp Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete required internship hours between, May 17th – Aug. 6th, 2021.
• Be available in the summer M-F, 9a-3p + Spring Orientation.
• Prepare and organize appropriate materials and supplies for each day’s projects and activities.
• Assist Instructors with camper supervision. Refer all discipline problems to group Teacher, Asst. Camp Lead & Education Coordinator.
• Assist with special events: River fest July 3 & 4 and June 19th for Steamroller Prints event (Must be available 1-2 of these dates).
• Store and account for all equipment used and complete required cleaning.
• Ask questions and seek a full understanding of your assignment and/or responsibility from your immediate supervisor.
• Report all missing or damaged equipment to Education Coordinator & Asst. Camp Director.
• Attend Staff Meetings, orientation & keep timesheet of hours for supervisor.
• Assist with Climb So iLL activities and free play in the Gravity Lab.
• Keep supervisor informed of all positive or negative comments regarding the program, staff/volunteer, children, general public, and facilities.
• Act as an ambassador to the Foundry.
• Perform additional duties assigned to ensure the success of the entire Educational program.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of contemporary art and current best practices
• Ability to organize, plan and execute detailed events
• Ability to lift and move program materials as well as walk and explore along the Katy Trail. Must be comfortable being outside for Nature Art activities.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
To apply, email your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to Education Coordinator, Jenny Kettler at email@example.com. Please include the position of interest in the email.