The German Studies Yearbook Gegenwartsliteratur was founded at Washington University in St. Louis under the auspices of the German Department, by the director and founder of the Max Kade Center for Contemporary German Literature, Paul Michael Lützeler.
This publication is supported by the Max Kade Foundation in New York and by the School of Arts and Sciences at Washington University. Gegenwartsliteratur appears with Stauffenburg Publishers in Tübingen, Germany.
The departmental advisory board consists of all the faculty members in the German Department. In addition, internationally recognized scholars in the field of contemporary German literature are serving on the international advisory board:
- Günter Blamberger, Universität zu Köln (DE)
- Rebecca Braun, University of Lancaster (UK)
- Ibrahima Diagne, Université de Dakar (SN)
- Bernhard Fetz, Österreichisches Literaturarchiv (AT)
- Natasha Gordinsky, University of Haifa (IL)
- Ortrud Gutjahr, Universität Hamburg (DE)
- Isabel Hernández, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (ES)
- Alexander Honold, Universität Basel (CH)
- Suzuko M. Knott, Connecticut College (US)
- Alison Lewis, University of Melbourne (AU)
- Judith Ryan, Harvard University (US)
- Paulo Soethe, Universidade Federal do Paraná (BR)
- Herbert Uerlings, Universität Trier (DE)
- Doren Wohlleben, Universität Heidelberg (DE)
- Tomislav Zelić, Universität Zadar (HR)
- Leilian Zhao, Renmin University of China (CN)
Gegenwartsliteratur is a member of the Council of Editors of Learned Journals (CELJ).