- Soft cloths
- Isopropyl alcohol or bleach-free disinfectant wipes
- Wash your hands prior to sanitizing the electronics.
- Do not use excess force when cleaning the keyboard, mouse or monitor.
- Never use bleach or abrasive cleaning products to disinfect the computers and phones. Bleach can cause damage, including discoloration and fading.
Sanitizing a Desktop or Laptop
- Turn off the computer you want to disinfect and then unplug the power cord running from the PC to the electrical outlet or power strip.
- Disconnect the monitor, keyboard mouse and any accessory from each desktop computer and remove any batteries installed in the devices. If you are sanitizing a laptop, close the laptop and remove any accessories and the battery from the bottom of the computer. Open the laptop after disconnecting the battery.
- Sanitize the keyboard by using a disinfectant wipe or a soft, lint-free cloth dipped in isopropyl alcohol. Rub the cloth or wipe on the top and sides of each key and then clean the surface and bottom of the keyboard thoroughly. Use a new disinfectant wipe or cloth to clean the mouse. Repeat for all accessories.
- Dampen a microfiber cloth with plain water. Gently wipe the computer monitor to remove dirt and fingerprints. Avoid placing pressure on the screen. Pushing on the screen can damage the pixels of a flat-screen monitor. Sanitize the monitor by using a disinfectant wipe specifically designed for LCD and laptop screens.
Sanitizing a Phone
- Unplug the phone from the power source.
- Wipe the entire surface of the phone by using a bleach-free disinfectant wipe or a soft cloth dabbed in isopropyl alcohol. Use a separate cloth or disinfectant wipe to clean the entire surface of the headset, including the speaker and microphone.