· Circadian tutorial. A good place to start! A brief lesson with links to several useful tutorials.
· Clockwork genes. Geared towards high schoolers, includes online animations and video of lectures by Drs. Joe Takahashi and Michael Rosbash, produced by the HHMI.
· BIO 4031. Biological Clocks at Washington University by Dr. Erik Herzog.
· Mammalian clock. Animation of the molecular basis of the murine circadian clock.
· Fly clock. Animation of the molecular basis of the Drosophila circadian clock.
· Photoperiodism in mammals. A summary by Dr. Bruce Goldman.
· SRBR. The Society for Research on Biological Rhythms.
· SfN. The Society for Neuroscience.
· SRS. The Sleep Research Society.
· SLTBR. The Society for Light Treatment and Biologial Rhythms.
· CIRCA. Circadian gene expression in multiple cell and tissue types.
· GenSat. Gene expression profiling.
· BioGPS. Gene expression profiling.
· Ye Zhang’s glial gene expression database
For Lab Members
- Reserving Time On Equipment:
- Lab Protocols
- Lab Data Bases
- Lab Meetings
Biological timing is often in the news. Try an internet search for terms like “circadian”, “biological clock”, “body clock,” “chronobiology”, “sleep”, or “chronotherapy”.
An SfN Meet-the-Experts seminar by Dr. Herzog.
More recent news stories aggregated.