It’s rare that the first iteration of a piece of hardware is 100% functional. Our oscilloscope board was no exception. We realized very shortly after we got the board soldered that we had some issues. However, often when one issue gets solved, a new issue that was obscured by the original one gets uncovered. Therefore, we went step by step, fixing all of our board’s errors.

While there were a number of small problems, such as connections missing off the FPGA or an accidental component short, there were also some serious redesigns that we had to do.  Luckily, we are both seasoned WashU engineers…