A biosketch is a common grant proposal element used by external sponsors to asses a researcher’s professional background in relation to the project. The biosketch depicts, in brief, chronological form, the PI’s professional accomplishments.
The bio should tell the story of an individual’s expertise to carry out the specific project. Sponsors typically request that PIs edit their list to highlight experiences relevant to the proposal. Bios of all senior/key personnel involved in the project are typically required elements.
NIH Guildeines and Policies
- WU Becker Library Guide: NIH Biosketch (and guides to various sections)
- WU Becker Library Guide: The NIH Biosketch
- WU Becker Library Guide: NCBI’s My Bibliography
- NCBI Guide: Create a My NCBI Account
- NIH NLM Guide: New NIH Biosketch Available in SciENcv (with screen shots)
- WU Becker Library Guide: My SciENcv
- Video (3:34): NCBI Tutorial: SciENcv Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae
- Video (3:42): NCBI Tutorial: Integrating ORCiD with SciENcv
- Webinar by NCBI (31:55): Create your Biosketch with SciENcv
- NCBI: SciENcv Help Guide
- Tipsheet: Using SciENcv for Biosketches