Skip to content
Skip to search
Skip to footer
47FOR COURSE MASTERS
- Write Learning Objectives
- Design course format to meet objectives:
- Full-semester course?
- Short course module? Length?
- Design assignments and assessments to meet objectives
- Write course descriptions & syllabus
- Course title, number, time, days, and location
- Instructor(s) & contact info
- Topics outline & course schedule
- Required texts, materials, & supplies
- Assignments, exams, additional requirements
- Grading scale and policies: attendance, academic integrity, late work, etc.
- Respond to DBBS call for course updates 6-9 months before class start date
- For new courses:
- Submit signed new course form and draft syllabus
- DBBS administrator will assign course number
- Access WebFAC (roster) & Canvas (LMS)
- Submit grades through the E-Grades
For DBBS Administrators
- Establish regular meeting days & times for:
- Full-semester courses
- Short course modules
- Design new advising tools to assist Students, Program Directors, & Program Coordinators
- Contact Course Masters to confirm course info 6-9 months before start date:
- Changes to course description?
- New course master or personnel?
- Class days, times, locations?
- Want DBBS to reserve rooms?
- Update online course listings:
- Maintain files for:
- Communicate teaching resources, events and seminars, professional development opportunities