- Carlson, David. “Modeling Related Processes with an Excess of Zeros.” Accepted, Political Science Research and Methods.
- Carlson, David and Jacob M. Montgomery. “A pairwise comparison framework for fast, flexible, and reliable human coding of political texts.” Accepted, American Political Science Review.
- Hadzic, Dino, David Carlson, and Margit Tavits. “How Exposure to Violence Affects Ethnic Voting.” Accepted, British Journal of Political Science.
Papers Under Review
- Carlson, David. “Modeling Without Conditional Independence: Gaussian Process Regression for Time-Series Cross-Sectional Analyses.”
- Carlson, David and Jeffrey Ziegler. “Regime Type and International Financial Treaty Violations.”
- Boston, Joshua, David Carlson, and JBrandon Duck-Mayr. “Political Competition and Judicial Independence: How Courts Fill the Void When Legislatures are Ineffective.”
- Carlson, David. “Estimating a Counter-Factual with Uncertainty Through Gaussian Process Projection.”
- Rosas, Guillermo and David Carlson. “Placing Chilean Citizens and Elites on Common Ground.” (Draft upon request.)