2021 advice

How is the first semester going?

Chumar Williams

Excerpt from the Consortium Blog: After completing the first semester of my MBA this past week, I can finally say that this school year has indeed been one for the books thus far. I’ve continued to grow much more than expected in this current climate, and it wouldn’t be possible without The Consortium and the classmates I’m surrounded by. It has been tough operating under a hybrid/online school system at times, but the environment has not delayed the growth and opportunities presented to us here. Whether it’s career-related, academically driven or socially influenced, I’ve found myself on the positive end of the equation when utilizing the resources put forth by both WashU and The Consortium.

Wrapping up the semester with finals already presented a greater demand for efficient time management and communication, but recruiting for consulting made this efficiency even more necessary. Consulting recruiting started to pick up right before finals went live and have continued into the winter break with increased networking, case preparation, interviews and subsequent offers. Throughout all of this, The Consortium has offered me a valuable network of employees with which to connect, students to communicate and case prep with and industry insight that I would not have otherwise had going to the recruiting cycle — and I could not be more thankful.

It has definitely been quite the semester with class and recruiting happening in tandem, but I wouldn’t trade my experiences for anything. I’m hoping to turn my lessons from this past semester into even more beneficial experiences inside and outside of the classroom while finalizing an offer in the near future. Plenty will change between now and the next blog posting, and it is all looking more than promising!

Read more perspectives here.