File your Intent to Graduate
All Washington University students are required to file an Intent to Graduate in order to graduate or to participate in Commencement exercises. Deadlines for filing an Intent are established by the schools and posted at WebSTAC with the online Intent form.
If you have missed the deadline for filing your Intent, contact the student services area in your school right away.
Regalia ordering is now open. Please have your regalia reserved online by October 26, 2021.
- Pick up regalia at Umrath Lounge, December 9 and 10, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- There will be late pick up available on December 11, 2021 in Umrath Lounge before the 10:00 a.m. ceremony.
- Return rental regalia to the lower level of the bookstore after your ceremony.
- Graduate students: Wear your tassel on your left side while wearing your cap. Hoods should be worn into the ceremony. Check out How to Wear an Academic Hood.
- Undergraduate students: Your tassel should be worn on the right side while wearing your cap.
Register for the ceremony
Registration is required to attend the December Recognition ceremony and will open on November 1, 2021.
Summer and fall graduates will receive an email with instructions on how to log in, record their name and confirm their RSVP for the ceremony.
- 8:30 a.m. – Doors open
- 9:00 a.m. – Candidates should be checked in and assembled by this time.
- 10:00 a.m. – Procession begins
Assembly point and procession
All candidates must be in the Sumers Gym to pick up their name card and line up at the assembly point by 9:00 a.m. Please bring your student ID when checking in.
Candidates should march in front of or behind the person with whom they wish to sit, not side by side.
The procession will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
Candidates please refrain from visiting family in the Field House before the ceremony begins.
The program begins with a Welcome from Chancellor Martin, followed by the Speaker’s Remarks, and the Recognition of Candidates for Degrees.
- Regalia must be worn by degree candidates at this ceremony.
- The grand marshal will announce the names of each candidate as they cross the stage.
- A professional photographer will be available to take photos of candidates as they cross the stage.
- All candidates will recess from the Field House under the direction of the ceremony marshals.
- Candidates should arrange to meet friends and relatives outside the Athletic Complex to alleviate crowding and enable a quick exit from the ceremony.
- The ceremony typically concludes no later than 11:30 a.m.
Share your college memories
Have a photo or story that perfectly sums up your WashU experience? Share with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. #WashU21
The registrar’s office will coordinate your diploma shipment once your degree is conferred by the Board of Trustees and Chancellor Martin. Please pay careful attention to the information below to ensure delivery of your diploma.
- Diplomas will be shipped to your Diploma Mailing Address in WebSTAC. If you do not have a Diploma Mailing Address listed, your diploma will be shipped to your Home Address listed in WebSTAC.
- Address changes made after Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. CST will not be captured for diploma shipments.
The university offers certified electronic diplomas to all graduates along with your paper credential. Your certified electronic diploma will be ordered on your behalf and will take approximately 5-8 days to receive once diplomas are ordered. Instructions on how to obtain and download your diploma will be sent to your @wustl.edu email address. Your paper diploma will arrive approximately 2-4 weeks after degree conferral and you will receive notification once your diploma has been shipped.
Any additional questions or comments should be sent to email@example.com along with your student ID number.