Singapore Whole sky IMaging SEGmentation Database (SWIMSEG) 
- 1013 sky images
- 600 x 600 pixels
- Captured by ground-based sky imager WAHRSIS (Wide Angle High Resolution Sky Imaging System)
- Corresponding ground truth masks were created in consultation with cloud experts from the Singapore Meteorological Services
Figure 1: Sample Images from SWIMSEG
|Sky Image||Ground Truth|
Singapore Whole sky IMaging CATegories Database (SWIMCAT) 
- 784 images broken into 5 categories: clear sky, veil clouds, patterned clouds, thick dark (night), and thick white (day)
- 125 x 125 pixels
- Images categorized by visual features in consultation with Singapore Meteorological Services
- For this project, the night time images (thick dark) were discarded in favor of the remaing 533 involving sunlight
Figure 2: Sample Images from SWIMCAT
|Sky Image||SWIMCAT Classification|
- Dev, Soumyabrata, et al. “Color-Based Segmentation of Sky/Cloud Images From Ground-Based Cameras.” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 10, no. 1, 12 June 2016, pp. 231–242.
- S. Dev, Y. H. Lee, S. Winkler. Categorization of cloud image patches using an improved texton-based approach. Proc. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), Québec City, Canada, Sep. 27-30, 2015.