Meet Champions who influenced the physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health of African American people in our region.
Open Classroom has curated a series of lectures and panels during Black History Month.
- 1/19 – HomeGrown STL: Improving Black Male Well-Being, Economic Upward Mobility and Equity in the St. Louis Region
Sean Joe, PhD
- 1/26 – Race and Human Trafficking: How Racial Inequality Impacts Human Trafficking
Shima Rostami, EdD
- 2/1 – Is Professionalism a Racist Construct?
Cynthia Williams, MSW, LCSW
Jewel Stafford, MSW
- 2/8 – COVID-19 Variants & Vaccines: Where Are We Now?
Angela Archibald-Clabon, MBA | Angela Fleming Brown, MPH | Matifadza Hlatshwayo Davis, MD, MPH | Jason G. Newland, MD, MEd
- 2/15 – Black and Living with Disability — Experiences, Concerns and Hopes
Makini Anwisye | Michkeal Cross | Sean Gold | Dana Walker, MS
- 2/22 – Advocacy and Allyship: Towards a More Racially Just St. Louis
Charli Cooksey, MSEd | David Dwight, IV | Terry Harris, EdD | Jason Purnell, PhD, MPH | Cynthia Williams, MSW, LCSW
- 2/23 – Policymaking Through a Racial Equity Lens
Jewel Stafford, MSW | Atia Thurman, MSW
- 3/1 – Raising Queens: The Important Role of Racial Socialization in the Lives of Black Girls
Sheretta Butler-Barnes, PhD
Miss a session? Catch the replay on YouTube.