We are organized into two chair positions & four committees that consist currently of PhD students at Washington University in St. Louis. We are actively looking for scientists at all levels to join our team! If you want to join us, please reach out to us via the general submission form.
Melanie Ernst (Robertson Lab, email@example.com)
Nathan Zelt (Robertson Lab, firstname.lastname@example.org)
The main responsibility of the outreach committee is to develop and maintain outreach activities to promote the WashU Biochemistry & Biophysics community. This includes but is not limited to establishing and maintaining collaborations within Washington University and the wider biochemistry and biophysics community as well as maintenance of the online presence of the WashU Biochemistry & Biophysics community.
- Senior Student Member: Upasana Mallimadugula (Bowman Lab, email@example.com)
- Committee Member: Tessa Lochetto (Niemi Lab, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Academic Programming Committee
The main responsibility of the committee is to provide academic programming to promote the professional success of the member of WashU Biochemistry & Biophysics community.
- Senior Student Member: Jhullian ‘J’ Alston (Holehouse & Soranno Labs, email@example.com)
- Committee Member: Hannah Pletcher (Niemi Lab, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Science Friday Committee
The Science Friday committee, plans, schedules and executes the Science Friday events. The committee’s responsibility is to put together the schedule and execute the Science Friday events.
- Senior Student Member: Garrett Ginell (Holehouse Lab, email@example.com)
- Commitee Members: Lianjie ‘Jerry’ Wei (Niemi Lab, firstname.lastname@example.org) & Klaudio Fatmiri (Soranno Lab, email@example.com)
The main responsibility of the Social Committee is to create opportunities for fun, self-care and community building activities. Focus should be set on enhancing and fostering the WashU Biochemistry & Biophysics community.
- Senior Student Member: n/a (this could be you!)
- Committee Members: Jeffrey Lotthammer (Holehouse Lab, firstname.lastname@example.org) & Rick Searfoss (Garcia Lab, email@example.com)