- December 2021, Elmira and Xicheng officially joined our group as new doctoral students. Welcome!
- December 2021, Yao passed his proposal defense. Congrats!
- June 2021, Yihang Yuan officially joined our group as a new doctoral student. Welcome!
- January 2020, Eloise Thompson (undergraduate at WUSTL) joined the ACL. Welcome!
- December 2019, Yao Ma officially joined our group as a new doctoral student.
- November 2019, Anushka, Neha, and Weiyi passed their thesis proposals. Congratulations!
- October 2019, Xinyuan Chang, first year PhD student, joined the ACL for a 6-week research rotation. Welcome!
- September 2019, The funding of the National Alliance for Water Innovation is announced. The ACL will play an important role in this effort.
- September 2019, Yao Ma, first year PhD student, joined the ACL for a 6-week research rotation. Welcome!
- August 2019, Dan gives an invited presentation at the International Symposium for Environmental Geochemistry at Peking University. While in Beijing he visits Guiwei’s advisor Professor Baoyou Shi at the Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences
- August 2019, Kyle Chardi (PhD student from Vienna University) and Elizabeth Johnson (undergraduate at WUSTL) joined the ACL. Welcome!
- July 2019, Yeunook successfully defended his thesis defense. Congratulations Dr. Bae!
- June 2019. Jake Muilenburg (undergraduate at WUSTL), Olivia Crowell (undergraduate at UMSL), Yuk Ki Lo (undergraduate at HKUST) joined the ACL.
- May 2019, Violla Liu, undergraduate student in ACL, received an ACS Division of Environmental Chemistry Undergraduate Award. Congratulations!
- February 2019. Guiwei Li from Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences joins the group.
- January 2019. Neha officially joins the group.
- December 27, 2018, Dr. Giammar was interviewed by St. Louis Public Radio for our research on lead release from lead pipes. (Link)
- November 21, 2018, our research on lead-phosphate interaction collaborated with Dr. Yandi Hu at the University of Houston was highlighted by C&EN! (Link)
- May 18, 2017, we celebrated Wei, Chao, and Zezhen’s Graduations and Anshuman’s success on his qualifying exam. Dan and his wife Rachel invited ACL members to their home. The group also invited Wei’s mother and Wei’s husband, Lu, for a dinner. (Album)
- May 15, 2017, Dr. Giammar gave a warm message to Class of 2017! (Video Link)
- Apr 6, 2017, Chao’s Cr(VI) project was On Air! HEC-TV introduced electrocoagulation reactors of Cr(VI) project and interviewed Dr. Giammar. (Video Link)
- Dec 17-20 2016, we were excited to host Dr. Songhu Yuan, Professor at the China University of Geosciences in Wuhan. The Group invited Dr. Yuan and his friends for dinner at Dan’s home.
- Oct.22, 2016, Yeunook received the Best Presentation Award at the 22nd Annual Mid-American Environmental Engineering Conference at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
- Sep. 2016, first year PhD students Zhenwei Gao and Anshuman Satpathy joined the group for 5-week rotation research.
- Sep. 2016, visiting student Ao Qian from China University of Geosciences joined our group for a one-year research project.
- July 2016, Wei attended IEAGHG summer school in Regina, Canada, including a field trip to Boundary Dam, the world’s first full-scale carbon capture and storage coal power plant.
- June 2016, Dan, Yeunook, Hannah, and Susan performed an experiment on water treatment with elementary school students in the Gifted Resource Council’s ECO-Academy.
- June 2016, Susan and Hannah joined the group as summer students.
- Apr. 18, 2016, the uranium project in our lab was reported in Wash U news as Trap and neutralize: A new way to clean contaminated groundwater.
- Dec 12-16, From Hong Kong Dan traveled to Shanghai to visit Xiaohong Guan at Tongji University. While in Shanghai he also gave a presentation at Fudan University hosted by Weihua Song.
- Dec 12-16, Dan traveled to Hefei to visit Han-Qing Yu at the University of Science and Technology of China.
- Dec 8-11, 2015, Dan visited the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in his new role as McDonnell Academy Ambassador to HKUST. While in Hong Kong he was hosted by Professor Irene Lo to give presentations in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and at the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers.
Apr. 15, 2016, Rachel won the first prize in the Research as Art Exihibition held by Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences. The electron microprobe image helps identify mineral composition in flood basalt.
Mar. 13-17, 2016, Dan and all current PhD students in the ACL attended the 251st American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition and gave talks in San Diego. We had dinner with group alumni. See photos in our Album.
Jan. 2016, Dan commented on the water crisis in Flint, Mich., with interviews for The New York Times (Link).
Dec. 5, 2015, the group went to Pi Pizza for lunch and went bowling together.
July 2013, Dan came back to St. Louis after his one-year sabbatical at Princeton University as a Kenan Trust Visiting Professor.
- Jan. 2013, ‘The Energy-Water Nexus’: Dan Giammar’s teaching at Princeton University was covered as a Featured Story in Princeton News.