- The role of the innate immune system in regulating pathologic angiogenesis
- The effects of senescence and physiologic aging on macrophage gene regulation
- Oxidative stress, inflammation and the regulation of cell death in models of macular degeneration
- Regulation of photoreceptor cell death by inflammation
- The role of innate immune cells in aging and disease
- Molecular regulation of uveitis
- The role of microRNAs in aging and age-related eye pathologies
- Molecular mechanisms in retinal microglia contributing to eye pathologies
- Mechanisms underlying photoreceptor cell death in models of retinal disease
Follow for the most up to date news:
10-30-23: New Publication from first author Chas Pfeifer (WUSTL Neuroscience): “Dysregulated CD200-CD200R signaling in early diabetes modulates microglia-mediated retinopathy” is available now in PNAS.
10-27-23: New Publication from first author Wilson Wang (MS4/MD5): “Multimodal Structural and Functional Characterization of Retinal Vasculopathy and Cerebral Leukoencephalopathy: is available now in Ophthalmology Retina.
10-11-23: New publication from first author Dr. Joseph Lin (MSTP): “Cell-specific systemic immune signatures associated with treatment burden in neovascular age-related macular degeneration” is available now in Ophthalmology Science.
10-6-23: Congratulations, MCB student Jason Colasanti, for receiving the award of Best Poster at the 2023 DOVS Research Retreat!