Some professional groups or associations offer student memberships at a lower cost. You can also find valuable information on these websites without being a member.
- Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA): The work of AAEA members is done in the areas of economics of agriculture, international and rural development, resources and the environment, food and consumer issues, and agribusiness.
- Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society: The AFHVS is a professional organization that focuses on the cross-disciplinary study of food, agriculture, health, and the values underlying food and agricultural systems.
- Association of Food Journalists: AFJ is a professional organization dedicated to preserving and perpetuating responsible food journalism across media platforms.
- Association for International Agriculture and Extension Education (AIAEE): AIAEE is a professional organization for agricultural and extension educators who share a common goal of strengthening agricultural and extension education programs and institutions worldwide.
- Association for the Study of Food and Society: The goal of ASFS is to promote the interdisciplinary study of food and society; they have an annual meeting that they hold with the Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society.
- National Farm to School Network (NFSN): The mission of NFSN is to increase access to local food and nutrition education to improve children’s health, strengthen family farms, and cultivate vibrant communities. The network includes both core and supporting partner organizations across the country.
- North American Food Systems Network (NAFSN): The NAFSN was founded to offer leadership and technical skills training, networking, and other professional development opportunities for individuals supporting the development of equitable and sustainable local and regional food systems.
- Sustainable Agriculture Education Association (SAEA): The SAEA serves and connects educators, teachers, students, staff and administrators who focus on the teaching and learning of sustainable agriculture at the adult level.